Christopher Poindexter’s poetry is amazing. I have been following him crazily. May be showing stalker tendency. What can i say!! I have fallen in love with his words. He calls himself an observer and not a poet, wants to understand humans. He is available On Instagram, Twitter, Tumblr and you can buy his book which is ‘Naked Human’ on http://www.underwatermountains.com or http://www.christopherpoindexter.com. If you just want to buy one of the poem then it is available on etsy.
So a bit personal information. He is 24. He is engaged with the most beautiful soul I have read about. I haven’t met him ( dying to meet them with their kids❤❤) They have 3 dogs and consider them as their children. I am absolutely in love with them. Lei, loves food, and sea.
Ya apparently, I do sound a bit like a stalker. But its a fan girl moment for me.
So now, Twenty reasons why I love his work and why especially you should read them too!
1. How he connects the nature with the love he has for her. He knows that we arent perfect and to love someone completely, you should love their demons too.
This is one of their dog. Love the way he is saying Hi!!
2. His definition of forever. Should I say anything more than this. Its so romantic!!
3. He writes letter for her, in poetry. He adores her. And he isn’t like other lover who would gift diamonds or jewelry. He wants her to be covered with nature. Enough said!!
4. We always have questioned ourselves or our friends wondering whether we will ever know the one. A person like me considers it myth. Something for novels. But their love shows something else.
5. He loves nature and takes inspiration from there. When we fall, we are down on the ground. To that he says, to that we can grow ourselves. We can regrow from the seed. A new life. We are significant no matter what others tell us.
Someone give me a tissue!
6. On world. We know how world is as we grow older. Our own sets of experience shows us that. It is cruel no doubt. He hates fake people (who doesn’t) but in the end he is still being optimistic about it. He is still thinks there is hope and even in Gothic there is beauty. Just need a change of perception.
Oh God, how easily he tells us about our perception!
8. He talks and stands for someone who stands for themselves. Who have open mind. Who learns. He tells us that we are unique and its better to be that then to follow the crowd.
9. One of my favorite! How true is this.
10. He talks about body and love. In this material and perfect world we are trying to be something we aren’t. We want perfect bodies, no marks, perfect shapey legs. We even undergo surgeries. Just love this poem.
11. Something to remember. We hold on to memories, while we should hold on to feelings. That even helps when we had a fight with anyone!
12. I won’t even explain this. How I knew I was in love ❤💓
13. This in my another favorite! Through this poem I knew about Christopher. So it is special for me too. And the poem speaks volumes to me!!
14. To the ones who are battling with themselves! Read up!
15. The moment when we watch our loved one sleep. It doesn’t matter whether its a baby or our love or family. But the feeling is indescribable. It just feels nice.
16. He couldn’t have described a hug in any other way!
17. Something we should remember. Pain is a part of us. Flips side of love too.
18. Each time we hear I love you. Even its just three words, the way we feel; no emotions can even come to that level.
19. I am yours. In everything.
20. Yes. Just a smile does makes us feel special.
No matter what, he will always be my favorite person. He taught me and his poems were an guide for me. I love his work and I wish all the grace to them and their dogs
Written by Hema Sanghavi.